People management of a technical team (or teams) - up to approx. 15 people
Providing input and technical guidance to the team across all disciplines of quality software creation (architecture, design, testing, CI/CD, processes/quality gates/etc., documentation, packaging, deployment/delivery, etc.)
Identifying synergies with other teams and projects and connecting colleagues to take advantage of them
Guiding team members’ professional development and organising training as appropriate
Ensuring the team has the tools and resources they need
Resource planning and recruiting of new team members (primarily developers & DevOps)
Creating a sense of belonging in a hybrid team of people working both from home and in the office
Making sure the team members are having fun (and taking corrective action as appropriate)
Technical Director Software Engineering (all genders)
diconium auto GmbH • #DriveYourLife
An awesome opportunity for someone with a very strong embedded software and/or systems engineering background who is looking to move into a leadership role while remaining squarely focussed on product and technology.
This would also be a great role for someone who already has some leadership experience and is looking for a cooler role in a more modern culture that offers more freedom and flexibility.
- Experience in a lead role (technical leadership and/or people management)
- Background in low-level (e.g. kernel-level) or embedded software engineering, ideally who is also familiar with other technologies such as web
- Linux (or another unix-like OS such as QNX) experience (e.g. shell-scripting, systems engineering/configuration, inter-process communication)
- Strong networking and network security skills: TCP/IP protocol stack understanding/firewalls/tunnelling
- Experience in automotive ECU software projects
- International experience across different cultures
- Ability to have a laugh
- A pragmatist who doesn't think in hierarchies. Your team works with you not for you.
- Fluent English (German advantageous)
Nice to have:
- DevOps and automation experience
- Understanding of cryptographic primitives and concepts
- Knowledge of hardware-backed security technologies such as HSM's or ARM TrustZone technology
- Understanding of concepts such as root-of-trust and chain of trust
- Experience with system hardening measures - e.g. kernel config hardening, system config hardening
- Knowledge of threat-modelling and risk analysis
- Experience with processes (e.g. ASPICE) and regulations/standards (e.g. ISO 21434)
- Born digital: Benefit from our many years of experience and our agile up-to-date culture.
- Life-Work-Balance: Decide for yourself where and when you work: across locations in the Digital Workspace, part-time, completely flexible, taking a sabbatical – no problem with us.
- Appreciation: We rely on flat hierarchies and are respectful, loyal and appreciative.
- Perspectives: We offer very different and individually tailored career models and a steep learning curve.
- Benefits: In addition to retirement provisions, employee discounts and a wide range of sports activities, we offer great company outings and – hopefully soon again – legendary parties.
- Corona can't stop us: We remain steady even in stormy times & provide you with the support you need to work from home in a healthy and well-equipped manner. Remote onboarding included, of course!
diconium at a glance
Volkswagen, Bosch, Kodak Alaris and SICK, amongst others
Over 2,000 employees from more than 70 nations
In diverse, interdisciplinary teams we work together in many ways from remotely to onsite in one of our worldwide offices in Europe, North America and Asia.
Innovation & Strategy, Customer Experience, Data & AI, Commerce Solutions, Technology Solutions, Digital Transformation