- Technical software lead for one of our security-related software projects, functioning as the link between the SW developers and management.
- Responsible for determining the technical direction and feature roadmap for the project
- Responsible for the overall project software architecture
- Guiding and supporting the software devs with systems and software technical know-how
- Conducting technical interviews with new software engineers
- Liasing with other stakeholders in the project to understand technical/feature priorities and incorporating this into the feature roadmap
- Initially the role will require hands-on systems and software engineering (either C or python and shell scripting), with the responsibilities shifting to those of a lead developer/architect as more software devs join the team
- A great opportunity to start at the beginning of a new technical team and grow into a role with greater technical responsibility
We develop both ECU software (that runs in the vehicles) and independent tools and products that are used for testing and development of security features.
Examples of current and upcoming projects include:
- Creation of standardised, platform-based software solutions for security problems common across ECU's - e.g. secure activation of debug features, secure boot, data-at-rest encryption and secure delete, initial (factory) key provisioning, as well as middleware-based solutions such as crypto-API's, privilege proxy, etc.
- Contribution to the development of a standardised secure OS/TEE solution for all vehicle ECU's - including CA/TA development
- Integration and bring-up of security features on various hardware platforms - e.g. secure OS/TEE, IDS
- Creation and population of databases - for example for incident response and field monitoring
- Development of a security test automation framework and automated security tests
- Development of tools/scripts/utilities for integration in the CI/CD pipelines to achieve "shift-left" in the DevSecOps sense